JOB TITLE: Appraiser Associate
REPORT TO: Partner (or Senior Appraiser)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Working with a designated Appraiser, you will provide logical and well defended appraisals, recommendations, advice, and services to clients, partners and staff members to facilitate and help clients achieve real estate goals.
SALARY: Highly competitive
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare comprehensive reports under the supervision of an accredited Appraiser
- Review, research and analyze market, economic, land and property data, documents and bylaws
- Perform field research and collect data
- Remain current with processes, jurisprudence and regulations
- Manage client relationships: consult about plans for development, subdivision, approvals, acquisition and/or disposition as well as property tax appeals; present results and recommendations
- Quote, complete and manage real estate (non-appraisal) assignments including rezoning, ALR Applications, Site Selections, Negotiations, Local Government Advisory Services, Tax Appeals, Development Applications, Subdivisions, etc.
- Represent clients and their interests in interactions with buyers, sellers, subcontractors, government agencies, political bodies, service providers, etc.
- Maintain historical library and research archives
- University Degree or equivalent experience
- Commitment to work toward AACI designation
- Knowledge of various government legislation, real estate development, development approval processes, and real estate and property jurisprudence and regulations (preferred)
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and research skills
- Good communication skills with strong attention to details
- Strong relationship building and client management skills
- Proficient organizational and time management skills
- Proficient knowledge of office software
- Ability to network and market services