Certified Reserve Planner (CRP) – Real Estate Institute of Canada.
Accredited Appraiser – Canadian Institute (AACI) – Appraisal Institute of Canada.
American Society of Appraisers – Course series on Machinery & Equipment Valuation, including M&E 201, 202, 203.
Marshall Swift Cost Estimating – Lecture series on Calculator, Segregated and Unit-in-Place applications of the Marshall Swift Manual.
Boeckh Cost Estimating – Introductory and Intermediate Building Cost Estimating Boeckh Valuation.
University of Saskatchewan – College of Arts & Sciences.
Associate Appraiser with Kent-Macpherson Appraisals. Completion of all types of valuation and consulting assignments including industrial, commercial, multi-family and resort developments, assessment appeal and consulting, partial takings, reserve fund studies and recreational property, specialty in heavy industrial properties (September 2006 – Present.)
Under contract to Suncorp Valuations Ltd. Managed Real Estate Division, trained, and supervised real estate appraisal staff, conducted specialized and/or complex commercial assignments and valuations for insurance and heavy industrial property, reserve fund studies, property tax consulting, fire insurance arbitration and lease arbitration. (April 1992 – 2006, Manager of Real Estate Division Suncorp Valuations Ltd)
Managing Partner Prairie Appraisals Ltd. (1990-1992)
Senior Appraiser Perry Appraisals Ltd. (1977-1990)
AACI, (Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute) – Appraisal Institute of Canada.
P.App, Professional Appraiser.
CRP, (Certified Reserve Planner) – Real Estate Institute of Canada.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Appraisal Institute of Canada – Awarded Rank of Fellow, 1997- For meritorious service to the Appraisal Institute of Canada and the appraisal profession.
- Appraisal Institute of Canada – National President 1996-1997. Served at Chapter, Provincial and National levels since 1984. Past Chair of Professional Liability Insurance Committee, National Admissions Committee and Finance Committee, current chair of National Appeal Sub-Committee.
- Toronto Valuation Accord – Chair 2005 – 2009
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants 2004 to 2007 – Member of the Standards Advisory Council
- Appraisal Institute of Canada – Standards Board 1999 to 2007 – Appointed to assist in the rewrite of Canadian Uniform Standards, served as Chair for 2003 and 2004
- Appraisal Foundation – 1997 – 2003 – Trustee on the Board of Trustees, Chaired Governance Restructure Committee and International Relations Task Force.
- Director, Union of Pan-American Valuers – 1996-1998 – Appointed as Canadian representative to this Board
- Appeared as an Expert Witness before Court of Queen’s Bench, Saskatchewan and Supreme Court of British Columbia.
- Prepared and presented valuation reports and/or briefs on valuation theory to the Planning Appeals Committee and the Assessment Appeals Committee of the Saskatchewan Municipal Board, BC Assessment Appeal Board, the NB Assessment and Planning Appeals Board, the Ontario Municipal Board and the Dispute Advisory Panel for the Payment in Lieu of Taxes Program.
- Past member of B.C. Property Assessment Appeal Board.
- Contributing author to the Canadian Appraiser magazine and to UBC educational material for Appraisal Institute of Canada core education program. Prepared Continuing Professional Development on-line course module.
- Reserve Fund Studies for all types of strata properties including residential high rise, walk up and townhouse projects.
- Appointed as Arbitrator for variety of fire insurance and other valuation disputes such as; lease renewals. Prepared, presented and defended evidence in hearings on these matters, as well as numerous property assessment appeals.
- Session Lecturer for Appraisal Institute of Canada theory courses 1101/1102. Approved lecturer for Ethics, Standards and Claims Prevention Seminar for Appraisal Institute of Canada.
- Completed land use and land value studies for major institutional clients including the City of Saskatoon and CP and CN Rail.
- Consulting assignments on deep sea terminals – Prince Rupert and Squamish.
- Valuation of properties for the Eco-Gift Program, administered by Environment Canada.